Latest News

JBG Dividend Consideration Published: 22 March 2017

Jamaica Broilers Group Limited has advised that at a Board of Directors’ meeting scheduled for Wednesday, March 22, 2017 an interim dividend payment will be considered.

Derrimon Trading Expands Retail Outlet Published: 22 March 2017

Derrimon Trading Company Limited (DTL) has advised as part of their Five Years Strategic Plan, the following:

  • The establishment of a Joint Venture Company for the acquisition of the assets of Caribbean Home Entertainment Systems, the former operators of Carihome Supermarket at Shop # 15 at Upper Manor Park, St. Andrew. The negotiations have not been fully finalized, however, in the interim, a five-year lease has been secured with Jamaica Property Company Limited, the owners of the facility. The facility is being refurbished and will operate under the Select Grocers brand.
  • The Company has signed an agreement with Chris Ryan Limited, the operators of Empire Supermarket at 1-3 Retirement Road for the purchase of the assets of that Company. The business will be rebranded under the Sampras brand.

JMMBGL Appoints New Director Published: 22 March 2017

The JMMB Group Limited has advised that effective March 13, 2017, Mr. H. Wayne Powell was appointed to their Board of Directors as well as its subsidiary JMMB Merchant Bank Limited.

 

Richard Byles Appointed Chairman of Sagicor Group Published: 22 March 2017

Sagicor Group Jamaica Limited (SJ) has advised of the following:
  • Mr. Richard Byles will retire from office as President and CEO of SJ effective April 30, 2017.  He will continue to hold office as a director of the Company.
  • Dr. the Hon R.D. Williams will retire from office as SJ’s Chairman effective June 1, 2017.
 
SJ’s Board of Director at its meeting held on March 16, 2017, confirmed the following appointments:
  • The appointment of Mr. Byles as SJ’s Chairman effective June 1, 2017.
  • The appointment of Mr. Christopher Zacca as President and CEO, and a Director of SJ effective May 1, 2017.
 

GK Advises of Changes to FGB's Organizational Structure Published: 22 March 2017

GraceKennedy Limited (GK) has advised of changes to the organizational structure of First Global Bank Limited (FGB).

FGB has created the post of Senior Vice President, Technology. Mrs. Nichole Case has been appointed to act in this new role and will report directly to the President and CEO, Mrs. Mariame Mcintosh Robinson. The Technology Department will be responsible for core IT infrastructure and capabilities as well as EBusiness(E-Channels, Innovation and Technology).

FGB has also created the positions of Assistant Vice President, Strategy and Project Management Office and Vice President, Digital Marketing and Communications. As part of the restructuring exercise the post of General Manager was made redundant and Mrs. Paula Barclay will demit office effective March 31, 2017. FGB thanks Mrs. Barclay for her notable contribution to the GraceKennedy Group over the past 18 years.

NCB Financial Group Completes Scheme of Arrangement Published: 22 March 2017

NCB Financial Group Limited (NCBFG) has advised that the Scheme of Arrangement among National Commercial Bank Jamaica Limited (NCBJ), NCBFG and their respective shareholders has now been completed.  Consequently, the shares of NCBJ has been delisted and the shares of NCBFG have been listed on the Jamaica Stock Exchange (JSE) and Trinidad Stock Exchange, effective March 16, 2017.

Proven Entered Share Sale Agreement with CEO of BOSLIL Published: 22 March 2017

Proven Investments Limited (ProvenJA) has advised that simultaneous with the completion of the acquisition of Bank of Saint Lucia International Limited (BOSLIL) effective on Friday, March 10, 2017, PROVEN entered into a Share Sale Agreement with Ryan Devaux, who has been head of BOSLIL since September 2005. Under that agreement, Ryan Devaux acquires 17.18% of the shares of BOSLIL and ProvenJA holds the remaining 82.82%. Proven JA advised that Ryan Devaux will continues in the position as Chief Executive Officer and that the remaining BOSLIL team does not change with the acquisition.

“BOSLIL will continue to offer the same outstanding international banking services,” BOSLIL and Proven stated in their joint statement.

Knutsford Express to Consider Stock Split Published: 22 March 2017

Knutsford Express Limited (KEX) has advised that at the next Board of Directors Meeting to be held on Tuesday, April 11, 2017, the directors will be considering a subdivision of the Company’s shares.

Knutsford Express to Consider Stock Split Published: 22 March 2017

Knutsford Express Limited (KEX) has advised that at the next Board of Directors Meeting to be held on Tuesday, April 11, 2017, the directors will be considering a subdivision of the Company’s shares.